Congratulations on your decision to hire employees in India! With its rapidly growing economy, thriving tech industry, and a wealth of talented professionals in various sectors, India offers a dynamic environment for business growth, innovation, and development. The country's blend of rich cultural heritage and a forward-looking entrepreneurial spirit makes it an exciting and rewarding landscape for global businesses. Plane simplifies the hiring process for you by offering automated tax document collection, payroll, benefits administration, and more, while ensuring compliance and maximum efficiency. Still, hiring in a new country can pose certain challenges, so we’ve put together the following guide on how to navigate the process of hiring in India.
2.5 weeks minimum
5 Considerations Before Hiring in India
Getting Started with Hiring in India
Employer Tax Rates
- Indefinite contracts: For permanent, full-time employees
- Fixed-term contracts: Must state an end date. Maximum length, including renewals, is four years. Any employee who works for more than four years becomes a permanent employee. Employees on fixed-term contracts are entitled to the same benefits and treatment as permanent employees.
- The employer and employee’s names and addresses
- The job title, duties, and responsibilities
- Work location
- Work hours and days
- Salary and payment intervals
- Vacation and leave entitlements
- Conditions for termination
- Notice period
- The length and conditions of the probation period, if applicable
- Duration of the contract, if fixed-term
Payroll Timelines and Dates
- Republic Day (January 26)
- Independence Day (August 15)
- Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday (October 2)
Health Insurance Benefits
Maternity / Paternity / Parental Leave
Employment / Termination
Tell us about your employee.
Enter details about your hire to get an estimated employment cost, including taxes.
Annual cost of employment*
*rates for: February 2, 2024
How to hire and onboard an employee
Plane offers a guided process for administrators and managers to hire and onboard their new employees...Learn more