Last updated: June 9, 2023
548 Market St. #91283
San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Attention: Plane Legal
1. Overview.Plane obtains Personal Data about you from various sources to provide our Services and to manage our Sites. “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, a user of one or more of our Services (“User” or “Plane User”).
2. Personal Data We Collect
2.1 Personal Data that we collect about you.Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites and Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. In particular:(i) When you register for a Plane account we collect your full name, email address, and account log-in credentials.(ii) When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we collect your full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs and timeline.When you respond to Plane emails or surveys we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call Plane. If you contact us by phone as a Plane User, we may collect additional information in order to verify your identity.(i) If you are a Plane User, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number).(ii) If you are a Plane User, you may be asked to provide information about your employees or contractors that you add to Plane. This information may include, but will not be limited to, their name, email address, residential and business address, or bank account information.When we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, detection, and financial compliance activities or provide such services to our Users, we will receive Personal Data from you (and your device) and about you through our Service and from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources (e.g., name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention services may collect Personal Data about you and use technology to help us assess the risk associated with an attempted transaction by you with a Plane User.You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (iii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iv) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (v) by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events.
3. How We Use Personal Data.
3.1 Our products and services.We rely upon a number of legal grounds to ensure that our use of your Personal Data is compliant with applicable law. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also use Personal Data to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services to our Users.
3.2 Marketing and events-related communications.We may send you email marketing communications about Plane products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. For example, when we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
4. How We Disclose Personal Data.Plane does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
4.1 Plane.We share Personal Data with other Plane entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
4.2 Service providers.We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in the European Union and the United States of America.
4.3 Business partners.We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers when we provide payment processing services, and the professional services firms that we partner with to deliver our Services.
4.6 Compliance and harm prevention.We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Plane, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
5. Your Rights and ChoicesYou have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
5.1 Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us.If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
5.2 How you can see or change your account Personal Data.If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to your Plane account or by contacting us.
5.3 Your data protection rights.Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:(i) The right to request confirmation of whether Plane processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;(ii) The right to request that Plane rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;(iii) The right to request that Plane erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;(iv) The right to request that Plane restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while Plane considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that Plane make an update to your Personal Data); and(v) The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
5.4 Process for exercising data protection rights.In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact Plane as described in the Contact Us section below. We take each request seriously. We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
6. Security and Retention.We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.We retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you. We retain Personal Data after we cease providing Services directly or indirectly to you, even if you close your Plane account or complete a transaction with a Plane User, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
8. Use by Minors.The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
10. Links To Other Websites.The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.
11. Jurisdiction-specific Provisions.
11.2 Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK and Switzerland.To exercise your rights, you can contact us via email@example.com.If you are a resident of the EEA and believe we process your information in scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct your questions or complaints to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. If you are a resident of the UK and the UK is no longer a Member State of the EU, you may direct your questions or concerns to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
11.3 Mexican residents.Mexican residents may exercise data protection rights to access, correction, deletion, opposition or revocation under applicable law. You may be provided with further information about the steps to exercise your privacy rights, including identity verification, timing, the way to get in touch with the organization responding to your request for further communications about your request, and how your request may be honored. To exercise your rights, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
548 Market St. #91283
San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Attention: Plane Legal
There's a reason why we're ranked #1 in our industry.
G2 industry leader
Pilot is top-ranked for usability, support, and more on the software review site G2.
Quality of support
Ease of use