How to Register Your Business in Alabama
Is your company hiring an employee in Alabama, but based in another state? Learn how to register your business in just a few simple steps.
Published on May 7, 2021
Sign up for our newsletter
Stay up-to-date on Pilot's latest features and learn industry news on international hiring and remote work.
Register your business in Alabama in four easy steps:
- First you need to register your business with the Alabama Secretary of State.
- Next, you’ll need to create a MAT (My Alabama Taxes) account with the Alabama Department of Revenue.
- You can get your account number by clicking “Obtain a New Tax Account Number” under “Quick Links for businesses.”
- Once you have your Tax Account number, you can apply for your Withholding Tax Account Number from MAT.
Register for your Alabama Unemployment tax account:After you’ve paid $1500 in wages during a calendar quarter, you must begin paying unemployment taxes. To pay your unemployment taxes, you’ll need to register online with the Alabama Department of Labor.
- You can create an account online with the Alabama Department of Labor to receive your Alabama Unemployment tax account.
- You’ll receive your Unemployment Account number immediately after registering.
The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
Going global isn't daunting when you partner with Pilot. 🤝
Book a FREE, no-obligation demo with one of our experts now.Schedule a demo